- American Lakes Elementary is planning an open house at 8 a.m. in the library and “read aloud” sessions with students in the Media Center beginning at 9 a.m.
- Bannon Creek Elementary will begin their celebration at 8 a.m. with a ribbon cutting ceremony and assembly. A reception for parents will follow.
- H. Allen Hight Elementary will begin their celebration in the library at 10 a.m. The community is welcome to attend.
- Heron School (K-8) is having an Open House for parents in the library from 8:15 a.m. to 9 a.m. They will then have the grand opening as each grade level visits the library and students are allowed to check out a book.
- Jefferson Elementary will celebrate the opening of their library with a ribbon cutting ceremony and refreshments. Their festivities will begin at 9 a.m.
- Natomas Park Elementary will begin their day at 7:30 a.m. with a reception for parents in the library. The school mascot will greet students as they arrive to school and the library will open to classes at 10:20 a.m.
- Two Rivers Elementary library will be decorated with balloons and parents and community members are invited to a reception in the library at 7:20 a.m. Kids will check-out books throughout the day during their library time.
- Witter Ranch Elementary plans to have their first grade students gather in the multi-purpose room at 8:30 a.m. to celebrate the opening of their library by reading a story.
“Libraries are really a critical part of students educating themselves,” said Dr. Juanita Reynolds, principal at the 485-student Jefferson campus. “Libraries give students the opportunity to learn to love books.”